Friday, January 4, 2013

Ghosts in the Flask

 
The elixir swirls
Captive, to the confines of my girth
Jolting, my skin and bones to life!
As I heave the consequences of my clouded earth!

Hunched over
I dragged my pathetic frame
Spewed my deathly sorrows
Then burrowed inside of my hallow shell

And the words came to pass
Pestered, by my empty promises
My every crushed commitment
And a legion of slurred compliments

I cradled my skull
Shutting out the onslaught of guilt
Whilst heaving my tainted guts
With moist pupils, captured in red
Along with these devilish ghosts
The lessons learned, also shall not pass

 My God, i need to slow down.. I remember the night my friend Danny drank so much he got alcohol poisoning. All of my friends were in a panic, some of them were crying, everyone was shouting and through that experience I still didn’t learn to slow down. Danny is fine by the way, he doesn’t drink so much these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment