Monday, December 10, 2012

To My Battered Love

“Illegitimi non carborundum” (Don’t let the bastards grind you down)


To my battered love
And him alone
Only you, truly know your strife

I will not spew falsehood
Nor will I reminisce
On nights set aflame
Vendetta for Our fallen King

I shall not reminisce
On the stench of prejudice
That burned away at the skin of my fathers

Only you, truly know
What it means to chastised
Shunned away and despised
I only shed, the purest of empathy
To the best of my craft
As swift as I pen

I’ll sing your praises
When all war is won
My allegiance to you
My weapon to your whim

 To my battered love
And her alone
Fallen at the hands
Of our honored hatred

Your blood will stream
Your blood will pool
Drained beside me
My lacerations as deep

Tragedy
Will cart us off the same
Bound in cause
For the better of our followers
But may the onlookers
Learn of you most
For only you
Truly know the psalm of toil

No comments:

Post a Comment